When it comes to camping, even the biggest camping noob know what a camping trip can mean. No worries, right? If you have decided to camp "Bay-Area-Houston-style", there is a reason to find yourself a little confused. After all, Houston, Texas is an international city and very well known for being a major metropolitan area. The notion that camping, a whole-hearted outdoor activity, can take place in or near Houston, just doesn't make sense.
However, the fact is that Bay Area Houston is a collection of an area that is partially between Houston and Galveston. Initially, you get a bit of the lure and impact of a big city like Houston, but you still get the dramatic change in scenery as you head toward the Gulf. Thus, your idea of camping, now a little better adapted to the traditional idea of camping, still needs to adapt to this unique area of Texas.
Before you head out, ask yourself these five questions:
1. Where can I actually look forward to camping when it comes to outdoor splendor? Fortunately, even with the glamor of the metropolis nearby, Texas saw fit to make sure certain areas were well preserved for future generations. The best option is to check out Texas State Parks such as Brazos Bend State Park, Huntsville State Park and Stephen F. Austin State Park.
2. What kind of weather would you like to camp in? This is more tailored to anyone looking for a temperate climate, but remember you are in Texas. In the Houston / Gulf area, there tend to be many more days in the 90s average temperature than not, and you also need to factor in humidity.
3. What kind of activities do I want to explore? You're lucky, as Bay Area Houston offers a wide variety of activities such as hiking, fishing, canoeing, kayaking and biking. In many ways, although the area is flanked by more urban environments, you still have access to many camping activities you find elsewhere.
4. What kind of camping do I really mean? This is a strange question, but you have to be specific about the type of camping you want to pursue, mainly because you will find a large motorhome camping market. Think of it as the more glamorous form of "pitching a tent". These campsites are close to the Kemah Boardwalk and Galveston Beach, so it's a pretty big market.
5. How "out there" will I be? Lastly, you need to decide if you are really looking to stay robust for a weekend or if you want a place to breathe fresh air at night after you have had a chance to explore what Bay Area Houston has to offer visitors . Of course, there are Kemah Boardwalk, Space Center Houston and Clear Creek Winery to name a few.
Camping the Bay Area Houston Way is for the daring and adventurous and those looking for something unique in the outdoors. It's more than just a little vacation – it's the ride of life.